Information about Cancun
Cancun is one of the largest and most popular vacation destinations in Mexico, hosting millions of visitors from around the world every year. The combination of spectacular white sand beaches, stunning turquoise seas, luxurious hotels at the highest level, nightlife, and restaurants are just some of the things that make Cancun the ultimate Caribbean destination in Mexico.
The city of Cancun is actually divided into 2 main parts: the main center and the hotel area.
The main center of Cancun: Most of the residents of Cancun live in the city center. It is a typical Mexican town that is very different in character from the much-talked-about hotel area of Cancun. But there you can also find hotels, restaurants, and markets.
Cancun Hotel Zone: Also called – Hotel Zone. This is a stretch of beach where most of Cancun’s hotels are located and where most of the tourists who come to Mexico’s number one tourist destination go to enjoy a pampering vacation in front of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The hotel area in Cancun is designed to give vacationers the ultimate vacation experience, which on the one hand is characterized by a huge amount of activities and excursions, but on the other hand, is equally perfect for relaxing beach vacations. From all-inclusive hotels for families or adults-only hotels, in Cancun, you can find the perfect accommodation for you!
The weather in Cancun:
In principle, the seasons in the Caribbean region are divided into two – the dry season and the rainy season.
The dry season – is from December to the end of May. However, in the months of December-January, the temperatures are a little low (especially at night). The best time to go to the Caribbean is from the beginning of March to the end of May. These months are also hot and this is also considered a less rainy season.
The wet season – is from June to November. In the summer months, from June to August. These are the hottest months of the year, but also the rainiest. The heat and rainy days gradually decrease from September to November. This is a very unpredictable period in terms of weather. There can be good days and days a little less sunny.
It is important to remember that this is an area with a tropical climate. Therefore the weather is unstable and it is very difficult to predict several months ahead. It is always recommended to check the forecast before arriving.
How to get to Cancun:
Most tourists fly directly to Cancun, as many international flights arrive in the city daily. The international airport is located outside the main center of Cancun and is only 21 km from the hotel zone – Zona Hotelera. Shuttles can be arranged in advance to pick you up from the airport to your accommodation. If you’ve already arrived in the Caribbean region of Mexico, getting to and from Cancun is a pretty simple matter. You can get there by taxi, bus, colectivo, or private car rental.
• From Isla Mujeres to Cancun by ferry – half an hour
• From Playa del Carmen to Cancun – 1 hour
• From Tulum to Cancun – 2 hours
• From Chiquila to Cancun – 3 hours
What to do in Cancun:
• Pampering on the beach: Cancun is designed to satisfy the needs and desires of every tourist who loves the pleasures of life: swimming, the sea, restaurants, clubs, and shopping complexes. If you are looking to pamper yourself, Cancun is definitely the ultimate destination for you. The combination of luxurious all-inclusive hotels and beautiful beaches and the turquoise sea create the perfect vacation experience.
• Go around the hotel zone: Besides the many hotels in the area, you’ll also find the best bars and nightclubs in Cancun, as well as some of the best restaurants. In Plaza Forum, also located in Cancun’s hotel zone, you will find the “party zone” and the most exclusive shopping malls.
• A variety of marine attractions: in Cancun, there are many options where you can also engage in water sports activities such as swimming, water skiing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, snorkeling, and diving.
• Other recommended attractions:
– Visit to the Tequila Museum: Museo Sensorial del Tequila
– The world-famous underwater museum – Musa
– Going on a fun day at one of the parks – Xcaret, Xplor, Xel-Ha
– Excursion to Chichen Itza
– The Maya Museum – Museo Maya De Cancun
– Tour of Mayan Antiquities
Click here to go to the full list- Recommended Attractions in Cancun
Hotels in Cancun:
Cancun has a huge variety of hotels and resorts to choose from. The real paradise is found in all-inclusive hotels. These offer the highest level of service, and the tastiest food, and usually, these are also the hotels that are located in front of the most beautiful beaches of Mexico. But you can also find hotels that only offer breakfast which can be a better choice if you plan to spend most of the day outside the hotel .
Recommended Hotels in Cancun:
– Hyatt Ziva
– Live Aqua
– Hyatt Zilara
– Secrets The Vine
– Turquoize By Hyatt Ziva
Click here to go to the full list – Recommended Hotels in Cancun
Restaurants in Cancun:
Most hotels in Cancun are all-inclusive that offer different types of high-end restaurants within the hotels. That’s why most travelers rarely visit restaurants outside the hotel. Still, if you are looking for a delicious culinary experience, in Cancun you can also find a wide variety of wonderful restaurants.
Click here to go to the full list – Recommended Restaurants in Cancun
Nightlife in Cancun:
Cancun’s hotel zone is considered the party and nightlife area with plenty of tourist clubs and bars. The area boasts a wide variety of huge clubs with music and light and sound shows at the highest level. The most famous among them is Coco Bongo in Cancun. A place that is much more than just a club. Today, Coco Bongo is considered one of the most popular attractions in Central America.
Click here to go to the full list – Recommended Clubs in Cancun
Shopping in Cancun:
As part of being a city that aims to satisfy every need of the tourist who comes to vacation there, shopping is definitely one of the popular entertainment options. In Cancun, you can find everything: from luxurious malls, markets, shopping complexes, and boutique shops. The great majority of them are in the hotel area of Cancun as this is the most touristic area.
The recommended shops:
– Plaza Las Américas
– La Isla
– Puerto Cancun Marina
– Las Plazas Outlet Canc